Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Beautiful Kindergarten

I finally got around to registering Caleb and Joshua for Kindergarten this morning. The twins were apprehensive upon arrival, but began to warm up when they saw the big owl mural in the hallway and the portrait of George Washington in the office.

While we were in the office getting paperwork sorted out, Moses kept pointing to a sign in the hallway featuring the various sponsors of "Invention Camp" which was being held at the school. I didn't know what Moses was getting so excited about until we were on our way out of the building and he ran up to the sign, pointed to it, and said, "See, it's like at Daddy's work!" Sure enough, it was a black and white version of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office logo! I was pretty impressed that Moses recognized it.

On our way out to the car, I asked Joshua, "See, isn't kindergarten a nice place?" to which he replied, "Yes, I know it is beautiful, but I still don't like it." Hopefully he will change his mind once school starts next month. Meanwhile, the following conversation makes me think that Moses might enjoy a reprieve from his brothers' constant company (although in reality I know he is going to miss them terribly):

Moses: "How 'bout you stay here and I go upstairs and find my brothers."
Me: "What are you going to do when you find your brothers?"
Moses: "Scare them and hit them."

No comments:

Post a Comment