Monday, December 22, 2008

Joshua in the 3rd person

Joshua has picked up on my habit of referring to myself in the third person, i.e., "Don't say 'no' to Mommy... It's ok, Mommy is right here" etc. When Joshua is trying to convince Caleb to give him something, the conversation often sounds something like this:

Joshua: "Caleb, give me Edward."
Caleb: "No!"
Joshua: "Caleb, don't say 'no' to Joshua!"
Caleb raises his hand and takes a whack at Joshua, who then shakes his finger at his brother and says, "Caleb, don't hit Joshua!"

When we first separated the beds and insisted that the boys sleep in their own bed, they would often whimper, try to convince me to come sleep in their bed with them, or try to sneak into bed with me. Now that they are used to falling asleep in their own bed, while we are all lying in bed trying to fall asleep, Joshua will often call out in the darkness, "Mommy, stay there. It's ok, Joshua is right here!"

No comments:

Post a Comment