Thursday, March 26, 2009

Earring Adjuster

With the exception of a few special occasions, I have been wearing the same pair of earrings almost non-stop ever since the twins were born. As you might imagine, accessorizing has not been a huge priority of mine these past few years! Caleb, our more detail-oriented son, has grown quite accustomed to my trusty old standard pair of earrings and will often check them to make sure they are straight--with the diamond positioned below the gold stud--and he will adjust them if they are not. This morning he came scurrying into our bedroom and upon taking one look at my face, asked, "Want to fix Mommy's earring?" I told him to go right ahead. He carefully rotated the askew earring back to its proper position, then checked my other ear and adjusted that earring, too. He performs this task quite often, and is always very pleased with himself for helping Mommy in such a big way. I know that I'll be able to count on Caleb to take good care of me and make sure I'm properly adorned when I'm too old to care about attending to those details on my own!

1 comment:

  1. The latest Moses pics are just too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete