Monday, February 7, 2011

Moses' 2-Year Stats & We Have Sweet Boys

He won't be 2 for another 10 days, but today Moses went to the doctor for his 2-year-old check-up. He is 35 inches tall and weighs 28 lbs. 10 oz., which is in the 60th percentile for both categories. He checked out healthy in all areas. Thank God for good health!

In other news, our boys are really sweet. And I'm not just saying that. People, ranging from complete strangers to acquaintances to close friends keep reminding me of this fact. For example, our neighbor across the street recently told me, "Katie, you have the friendliest boys. They always make my day." Whenever the boys see this particular neighbor, they always wave to her and call out "Hi Mrs. D___!" Another example is when I took the boys on a crowded tour of the mansion at Mount Vernon late one afternoon and a tour guide told me, "You have such a nice family." Even though Moses would have rather been napping and the twins were nearly as tired, I guess they were still better-behaved than many of the children who pass through there. A third example is when a friend of mine who has two girls invited us over for dinner and told me, "I normally wouldn't invite a family with three boys over to our house, but your boys are so sweet, I know they won't be a problem." And lastly, the mother of one of the twins' classmates recently told me, "Your boys are so sweet. They are so polite and nice to everyone, and they always say 'Hi Mrs. G___!' when they see me." So there you have it, I'm not just making this stuff up. Now if only they could be sweet to each other 100% of the time, wouldn't that be nice?

And now for a few quotes:

Moses: "What that man doing?"
Me, taking a wild guess about which man he's referring to: "He's running."
Moses: "Umm, umm, umm... No, he not running. He riding a bike!"

Caleb: "Smile, Pinky!"
Joshua: "Caleb, Pinky can't smile because he's an animal."

Me: "It's Papa's birthday today, boys."
Caleb: "Yay! I love Papa! He's a nice man."

Joshua: "Today I'm going to be six years old and then I'll go to Kindergarten."
(We are still working on the concept of yesterday, today, next year, etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment