Thursday, January 13, 2011

Moses, 1 Month Shy of 2 Years

Moses won't be 23 months for another few days, but since he is taking a nap at home in bed for a change, I'm going to go ahead and post this now while I have the chance. These days he usually only naps if he falls asleep on our way home from running errands while Caleb and Joshua are in school, and he wakes up when I try to move him inside.

Moses, getting ready to hold Pinky: “See Mommy, it not scary.”
Moses, holding Pinky: “It scary! It scary!”

Moses, pointing to the whiskers in an illustration of a cat: “That cat has spiders.”

Moses, while eating sections of a clementine: “Look, it's a boat! Tchooo Tchooo!”

Moses, while using the Buzz Lightyear laptop that our friend Mr. Ray gave the boys for Christmas: “I checking my email.”

Moses, while pointing a toy drill at me as if it’s a gun: “Mommy, you a bad guy.”

Moses, while playing with a toy motorcycle: “I not ride motorcycle. Only man ride motorcycle.”

Moses, while rifling through my clothes drawers and pulling out my pink fleece pullover: “Mommy, can you wear it?” I asked him why he wanted me to wear it, and he smugly replied, “Because I want to.”

Moses, asserting his independence about a hundred times a day: “No, I do it!” This is a stark contrast to the twins who always wanted (and still occasionally want) us to do everything for them.

Moses: “I love Caleb. I love Joshua, too.”

Moses, on our way home from Sam's Club, reflecting on all the samples he enjoyed: "I had fun. Let's see, I eat chicken, and chocolate milk, and yogurt, and chicken, and chocolate milk."

Moses, while watching “The Phantom” episode of Gospel Bill: “It scary! Turn it off! I don't like it!”
Caleb, while turning off the TV for his little brother: “It's ok, Moses. Gospel Bill will get him. It's over, baby.”

No comments:

Post a Comment