Friday, November 26, 2010

Too Dry and Expensive

Here are a few snippets of conversations heard in our house over the past couple weeks:

Moses: "Can I have mama?"
Me: "Yes."
Moses (singing): "Bob the Builder, yes we can!"

* * *

While holding a copy of Dick and Jane...
Moses: "Want to read this book, Caleb?"
Caleb: "No, baby, this book is too dry. And it's too expensive. I'm sorry, baby."
Moses: "Oh."

* * *

While watching a Gospel Bill episode in which Oogene is painting a picture of his house...
Moses: "Is Oogene drawing?"
Me: "No, Oogene is painting."
Moses: "Oogene painting a house?"
Me: "Yes, you're right, he is painting a house!"

* * *

Joshua: "Mommy, remember when I was a little baby and I drank mama?"
Me: "Yeah, you were such a cute little baby."
Joshua: "Mommy, can I be a little baby again?"
Me: "No, I'm sorry, sweet Joshua, you can't ever be a little baby again."
Caleb: "Joshua, maybe you can be a little baby again tomorrow."
Me: "No, you can never be a little baby again. You are just going to keep growing older."
Caleb: "But I don't want to be old!"
Me: "Why not?
Caleb: "Because I don't want to have whiskers!"

* * *

And now a small supplemental sampling of the eloquence of a certain 21-month-old. These are just a few Moses-isms I happened to transcribe today while sitting at our (new, virus-free!) laptop:

"I need a tissue."
"Percy begins with 'P'."
"I made a car."
"What're you eating? You eating coffee? Can I have some coffee?"

1 comment:

  1. Moses is quite the talker! I bet if you got him and Michael together in a room, no one would ever get a word in edgewise!

    ReplyDelete