Thursday, September 24, 2009

Doe in the Headlights

Caleb and Joshua wrapped up their second week of preschool today. They love going to preschool and their teacher can't seem to tell me enough how "sweet" she thinks they are. Today when she was telling me how sweet they are, she likened them to "a doe in the headlights". Metaphorically speaking, I guess the preschool experience is the vehicle coming towards them at full speed, and instead of freaking out or running away, our boys calmly face it head-on with a great sense of wonderment and awe. Anyway, I'll take it as a compliment since I'm pretty sure that's what she intended! It's nice to hear someone else (especially someone who has spent a lot of time with a lot of other 3 and 4-year-olds) tell us how sweet our boys are. Anyone who has spent enough time with them knows that they haven't always been little angels. I guess in the grand scheme of preschoolers, they really aren't that terrible after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment