Saturday, January 31, 2009

Washing Machine Massage

I'm thankful to have a washing machine, but ours leaves a lot to be desired. My biggest complaint is that it lacks a rinse option, so when I wash the boys' diapers I have to run a full wash cycle three times per load, when all I really need is a pre-rinse, wash, and post-rinse. I'm sure that the excess water and electricity wasted every time I wash cloth diapers totally negates our good deed of sparing the landfills. Oh well.

Our washing machine is also somewhat unstable and shakes violently during the spin cycle. Caleb and Joshua have recently discovered that if they lean their backs against the washing machine during the spin cycle, they get a nice back massage. I always get a kick out of seeing them standing against the washing machine side by side, their little bodies trembling, with big grins plastered across their faces. I guess it just goes to show that you are never too young to appreciate a nice back rub!

2 comments:

  1. Here I thought Addison was the only one that used doing the laundry as her own little trip to the spa... she prefers to put her blanket on the dryer and lay there while it is running... enjoying the warmth and motion I am guessing. I may have dried some clothes way longer than I need to because she is so cute laying up there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny! I'm sure our boys would like to lie on the dryer, too, but we have a stackable unit so they can't up there :)

    ReplyDelete