Sunday, January 11, 2009

You're So Heavy!

For the past few months whenever I'd lift up Joshua, I'd often say "Oh Joshua, you're so heavy!", a phrase which he has come to interpret as a term of endearment. Several times Joshua has given me a hug and said "Oh Mommy, you're so heavy!" which I find amusing since I actually am quite heavy these days! He has also told Mimi that she is heavy, which is equally funny since "heavy" is probably one of the last words anyone would use to describe Mimi. Then the other day while Joshua was cuddling his (lightweight) new Curious George stuffed animal that our neighbor gave him for Christmas, he kept saying, "Oh sweet George, you're soooo heavy!"

Now we are faced with the task of trying to teach Joshua the true definition of "heavy". Until then, we can only hope that he doesn't use this unusual term of endearment in any situations where someone might actually be offended!

No comments:

Post a Comment