Thursday, May 29, 2008

Younger than they look

Today as we were walking into Trader Joe's a man came up to us and said "Let me guess- identical twins?" I didn't feel like launching into my typical explanation that we haven't had them tested, so we don't know for sure, so I just said "yep!" He said "I have identical twin girls. They're 23 now. I'll tell you, if you can survive raising twins, you can run General Motors" :) It's always nice to meet parents of adult twins who have indeed survived the sometimes arduous journey and can truly sympathize with our current plight. Anyway, this father of twins then went on to ask, "So how old are they? 4 or 5?" I thought to myself, are you serious? People usually guess that our boys are a little older than they are, probably based on assumptions that all twins start off as preemies and are therefore runts throughout early childhood. But 5 years old? This nice man was quite shocked to learn that the boys are actual half the age he guessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment