Sunday, May 18, 2008

Cereal Surprise

I was giving the boys their pre-bedtime Cheerios snack the other night and I had accidentally left the cereal box on the table they were eating at.  Joshua, after quickly polishing off his pile of O's, began to grab and tilt the box in an effort to get more cereal out (which is why you don't leave the box at the table to begin with).  I scurried towards the table to snag it from him when, much to my surprise, he pulled a toy car out of the box. "Car! Car!" was his half exclamation, half request for me to remove the red car from its wrapping. 

We managed to get into bed and turn the lights out before Caleb made his attempt to take the car away from Joshua.  He grabbed it, and defended it mightily in the ensuing brawl.  Joshua, realizing he would be unable to get the car back under his own power began crying for assistance. 

Sometimes I have the energy to be a good father, but at that time of night, I decided to take the lazy approach and open up a second box of Cheerios and get another car for Joshua.  He loved his new white car more than the first, and peace was restored to the Wolf household.

You know, I wish I had known sooner that the boys would enjoy free car toys from cereal boxes before sinking a hefty dime into Thomas trains.

No comments:

Post a Comment