Saturday, October 20, 2007

Happy 60th Birthday "Mimi"!

Caleb gives Mimi a hug on the 60th birthdayToday was Halmoni's 60th Birthday! Most people can not believe that she is really 60 years old since she looks so young. We had a birthday party for her today, which was a lot of fun. Joshua and Caleb's gift to Halmoni was a new name. They have decided to call her "Mimi". We have no idea where they came up with this name. There is a woodcut print of Halmoni which I made in college that is hanging on our living room wall, and the boys will even say "Mimi!" when we point to it and ask who it is. They have also decided that Grandpa should be called "Papa". We just think it's fascinating how they have both agreed on the same names!

Joshua is quickly adusting to his leg cast. He has overcome his initial frustration and can now crawl while dragging his cast behind him, stand (while holding onto something), get on his bike all by himself and ride it around with one foot doing all the work, and get up into a chair all by himself. He can even jump on the couch, which really seemed to lift his spirits. We're so happy to see him adapting so well.

2 comments:

  1. I give the boys an A+ for their choice of Mimi as Halmoni's name... maybe that is because that is what I called my grandma :) Papa is good, but I think Bapa would have been better...
    A big, "Happy Birthday" to Mimi from Addison and I and I'm glad to hear that Joshua is doing better with his cast, what a trooper!
    Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the endorsement for Mimi. It is my grandmother's nickname too.

    ReplyDelete