Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sister or Dog? Gogi or Hot Dog? In-Utero iPhone Playing?

Our boys say some pretty crazy things. And they have a remarkable memory... mostly accurate, but occasionally extremely inaccurate!

Joshua: "Mommy, you look kind of like an old mommy."

Moses, observing Joe wearing a scarf on his head: "Daddy, you look like a Christian."

Moses, looking at a coupon for Oreo look-alike cookies, and remembering the time Uncle Chris babysat him about 9 months ago: "Remember, Uncle Chris give me these?"

Moses, pointing to a bank that he went to with Mimi over 6 months ago: "Remember, I go there with Mimi?"

Me: "Moses, do you promise not to tell your brothers that I gave you Chick-fil-a?"
Moses, grinning: "Yes."
Me: "Really, Moses, do you promise?"
Moses, still grinning: "No..."

Joshua, almost every morning for the past 3 weeks: "C'mon, Mommy! Let's go check on the cucumbers!"

Joshua: "Mommy, do you have a baby in your belly?"
Me: "Um, no."
Joshua: "How 'bout you get one in there?"
Caleb: "Maybe a girl this time."
Joshua: "Yeah, I want a sister."
Caleb: "And a dog, too."
Me: "Which one do you want more- a baby sister or a dog?"
Joshua: "A cat."

Caleb: "There's another Caleb in my class at Vacation Bible School!"
Joshua: "And another Joshua! But not the Joshua in the Bible. It's another Joshua. He doesn't have a sword."

Joe: "What do you like more- gogi or hot dogs?"
Joshua: "Hmmm... gogi. And rice."
Me: "Awww, good answer!"

Joshua: "Remember when I was a little baby and I was in your belly?"
Me: "Of course! You and Caleb were both in my belly at the same time."
Moses: "Remember when I was a little baby in your belly and I played your iPhone?"
Me: "Um, no..."

Moses, prefacing each acquisition of my iPhone: "Look, Mommy. I show you something."

Moses, shaking a finger at me every time he sits on the potty to poop: "But remember, don't wipe my butt, okay?"

No comments:

Post a Comment