Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Twins on TV

On March 30th, Granny called to tell us that she'd just seen Caleb and Joshua on "Inside Edition" of TV. As it turns out, the TV show had aired a video of the twins that I'd posted on YouTube about 4 years ago. It's entitled "Twin Talk" and features 18-month-old Caleb and Joshua "talking" to each other in their own twin language. This all happened in the wake of another video of talking toddler twins that swept the web a couple days earlier. I knew something was up when I started receiving dozens of notifications every few hours that people had commented on this particular video. It wasn't until nearly a week later, however, that I noticed the following message in my YouTube inbox:

Interview Request

My name is Sarah Rubenstein and I work for the US television show Inside Edition. I'm very interested in interviewing you about your twins video of Caleb and Joshua playing and laughing together

Recently a video of twins has gone viral where it appears that the twins are talking to each other. It brings up the age-old question about whether twins have special communication skills between the two of them.

We are on a tight deadline and would need to conduct the interview at a satellite studio within the next four hours.

Please call or e-mail me to discuss further. I'm reachable at 212-817-5472 and at Srubenstein@cbs.com

Sincerely,
Sarah Rubenstein
Assignment Editor
Inside Edition
555 West 57th Street, Suite 1300
New York, NY 10019


Alas, I didn't even see this message til nearly a week past the 4-hour deadline! Oh well, I console myself with the fact that I've already earned over $100 in revenues from ads aired on "Twin Talk" and that the video has over 400,000 hits. I never would have imagined any of this when I posted this video for the enjoyment of a few family and friends four years ago. It just goes to show that you never know what you post on the internet might show up on TV and be seen by nearly half a million people a few years later!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it! I just went to see the video and there are so many comments! Your boys are famous! :)

    ReplyDelete