Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Mini Mommy, Part 2

I thought I should make a note of Joshua's more recent Mini Mommy behavior. Wheras earlier his "mothering" efforts were mostly focused on correcting his older brother, he has recently blossomed into quite a nurturer as well.

For example, on Sunday morning when we left the boys with Mimi in the toddler room at church, Caleb was crying and Joshua was quick to rush over and comfort him, gently assuring him that "Mommy will be right back". Then that evening, Mimi and Papa volunteered to babysit the boys so we could go out on a date. And by "date" I mean take our laptops to Panera so Joe can do homework and I can waste time online without feeling guilty about neglecting the boys... we are so romantic, aren't we? ;) Anyway, Mimi said that as soon as we left, Joshua, fighting back tears, rushed over to Caleb and put his arm around him and said, "Don't worry, Caleb. Mommy will be back soon. When the car comes, Mommy will be back," even though Caleb clearly wasn't feeling nearly as upset about our absence as Joshua was!

Joshua is also very generous with his compliments. If I put on a nice outfit, he will tell me, "Oh Mommy, you look so CUTE!" This past Sunday was a rare occasion on which I wore a skirt and tights to church, and both Joshua and Caleb made a huge fuss over how "cute" I looked. Joshua often strokes Mimi's hair and tells her how cute she looks, too. Somehow, Joshua knows better than to tell the men in his life that they look cute :)

No comments:

Post a Comment