Monday, February 13, 2012

Hey Mommy, Daddy got a new woman!

Moses: "Hey Mommy, Daddy got a new woman!"
Me: "What? Where is she? I'm gonna beat her up."
Moses: "No, Mommy. She is not on the Earth. She is on the iPhone."
Moses was referring to the "Temple Run" game on my iPhone, in which Joe recently bought a new female character.

Moses, looking at a picture of us at the beach: "Mommy carried Moses because I didn't want to fell in the water because it was so so so frickin big and so so so frickin cold."

Moses: "Mommy, I can reach!"
Me: "Wow, Moses, you turned on the faucet all by yourself without standing on the stool? You're getting so tall!"
Moses: "Yeah, I'm so frickin tall."

Me: "There must be something better to do than play Temple Run on the iPhone all day long."
Joe: "Ok, let's go to Ikea."
Boys: "Yay!"
Joshua: "What's Ikea?"
Joe: "It's is a magical place of whimsy."
Joshua: "Oh, I love whimsy!"

Last week Caleb brought home a Kipper book from the library and when he started to read it, he asked me, "Why does it say 'Tiger' instead of 'Ti-gah'?"

Moses, admiring my swimsuit coverup: "Mommy, you look so cute! You look like a princess!"

Joe: "What was your favorite part of our vacation?"
Caleb: "The bedroom!"
Joshua: "The waterpark!"
Moses: "Eating at Chick-fil-a!"

Joshua: "Mommy, I will take care of Caleb." Joshua was so upset and in tears when we temporarily lost Caleb at the waterpark. The prospect of losing him truly broke his heart, and when we finally found him after 15 minutes (that felt like 15 hours), Joshua solemnly vowed that he would "take care of" his twin brother from now on, and ever since then he's been extremely concerned about keeping our family close together and not losing any of us whenever we go out somewhere. For example, yesterday at church Joshua wandered around for about 10 minutes holding my coat and purse, crying because he couldn't find me. It turned out I was sitting at the very next table. Sweet Joshua.

No comments:

Post a Comment