Sunday, December 5, 2010

Can I Have a Gun? And a Sister?

Recently overheard in the Wolf household...

Joshua: "Can I have a gun?"
Me: "Hmm, maybe you can have a gun when you're older."
Joshua: "Do you want a gun, Mommy?"
Me: "No, I don't want a gun."
Caleb, while patting me tenderly: "You don't need a gun because you're a lady."
Moses: "Can I have a gun?"

* * *

Caleb coughs in Moses' face.
Moses: "Don't coughing me!"

* * *

Caleb, singing after a miraculously quick recovery from a stomach bug:
"In the name of Jesus, in the name of Jesus, we have the victory!
In the name of Jesus, in the name of Jesus, demons will have to flee!"

* * *

Joe, while holding Moses wrapped up in a bath towel: "Look, I've got baby Moses!"
Moses: "I baby Moses. No, I baby Jesus!"

* * *

Moses, while crouched inside an upside-down laundry basket, playing a new favorite game with his "zookeeper" brother Joshua: "I in a cage!"
Me: "Moses, are you an animal in a cage?"
Moses: "Yeah."
Me: "What kind of an animal are you?"
Moses: "I a zebra."

* * *

Joshua: "Can I have a sister?"
Me: "We tried to give you a sister, but we got Moses instead."
Joshua: "Oh, but I want a sister, too!"

1 comment: