Friday, June 25, 2010

Three Twins Praise the Lord

Today the boys and I went to Trader Joe's. Over the past nine months, I've grown accustomed to going to the grocery store with just Moses while the twins were in preschool, so I wasn't used to the attention that twins seem to generate while out in public. Two little girls, in particular, kept pointing and saying, "look at the twins!" and their mother eventually stopped and asked me, "are all three of them twins?"

"No, just those two," I replied, pointing to Caleb and Joshua who by this point had pushed the cart (and Moses) half-way down the aisle. "The one in the cart is three years younger." It didn't even occur to me until later that her question really made no sense at all. But knowing what it's like to be a frazzled mom at the grocery store, I of course understood her perfectly!

Later as we were going down the chip and cracker aisle, the boys caught sight of their favorite treat, white cheddar cheese puffs (a.k.a. "cheesies"), and asked if we could get some. Feeling generous, I tossed them into the cart, which launched all three twins... I mean boys... into full-fledged celebration mode. "Yay! Cheesies! Oh, praise the Lord! Praise the Lord!!!" they loudly exclaimed, drawing even more attention to themselves. What can I say, they're our little evangelists!

1 comment:

  1. Too cute! Your three twins!! Love it.

    -Amy

    ReplyDelete