Monday, March 15, 2010

Sold!

Sold

In case you're wondering why I've been neglecting this website lately, it's because we bought a house last week and I've been kind of busy getting ready for the move!

Ok, let me back up a little. We put an offer on our house at the end of January, which the sellers accepted the very same day, even though our offer was well below the asking price, the house had been on the market for less than a month, and they were already in negotiations with another buyer. Our home inspection occurred the February morning that "snowmageddon" hit, and then we closed this past Friday.

During the settlement, the seller (a kind, elderly man with three sons of his own who had grown up in this house and were also in attendance) told us that he had arranged and paid for the pool company to open the pool in May, have someone perform weekly maintenance all summer long, and then winterize the pool in September--the highest level of service that the pool company offers. Both our realtor and the settlement lawyer told us they'd never before witnessed such a generous gesture at a closing. That's right, our new house comes with a pool! As most of you know, I grew up swimming and have always loved to swim, but I never imagined I'd own a house with a pool. I feel like I'm living in a dream and I keep having to pinch myself to see if this is real. All that I can say about this whole situation is that when you give to God, He always gives back!

Here's a picture of the boys that our realtor took in front of our new house on the morning of the closing. As you can see, Joshua had just rolled out of bed and was (and still is) in dire need of a haircut. Anyway, we hope it'll tide you over until life settles down and I get a chance to edit and upload the enormous backlog of pictures which are waiting impatiently to make their long overdue ourbabywolf debuts.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new home! That is so exciting. I LOVE that picture of the boys. They all look so adorable lined up like that and dressed alike. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH! Congrats to the whole Wolf gang on your new house! Can't wait to come visit (and use your pool!) Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys! Suzanne, of all people you know you are welcome to come use our pool ANYTIME! At the very least I think I owe you a few hundred visits ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on homeownership! I can't wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome news, Wolf family!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. woohoo!!! that is amazing news. congratulations!

    ReplyDelete