Thursday, January 14, 2010

Bible Study

The boys and I have started attending a Bible study at a local church one morning a week. It's the same Bible study I have fond memories of attending with my mom when I was little, so I was excited to have the opportunity to participate again. Caleb and Joshua are enjoying learning about Jesus' boyhood, singing songs, and eating goldfish crackers in their Bible class. I am enjoying reading the book of Acts and participating in a Bible study group for the first time since college. And then there is sweet Moses, who has not been so fond of being away from Mommy in the nursery. The first week, he was happy to explore his new environment and play with new toys, but the second week he knew what was going on and wasn't too thrilled about it. I think next week I'll try to minimize the trauma by waking him up extra early so that he'll take a nap during most of the Bible Study.

Two of Moses' classmates in the nursery are adorable identical twin girls who are about a week older than him. This past week I found myself staring at them and thinking, "Oh my gosh, that would be crazy to have two babies at the same time," and then I quickly reminded myself, "oh yeah, I had two babies at the same time!" I can't say enough how nice it has been to just have one baby this time around... it has truly felt like a vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment