Thursday, December 17, 2009

Moses' 10 Month Update

Shortly after Moses' 9-month birthday, we had to retire his infant carseat because we could no longer buckle him into it. Joe managed to squeeze one of the twins' old UVA carseats rear-facing into the back of the Santa Fe, which has alllowed us to postpone the purchase of a third extra-narrow Radian. The UVA carseat will not fit forward-facing, though, so Moses will probably be rear-facing for a while, even though his weight already qualifies him to sit forward facing. Apparently a growing faction of parents are passionate about "extended rear-facing" since statistics show that children are less likely to suffer injuries while secured in a rear-facing carseat. I guess we'll just hop on the bandwagon!

Moses continues to be a sweet, calm, playful baby. People are often surprised to see how quiet and mellow he is compared to his rambunctious, loud older brothers. He loves to give us hugs and pats our backs while he's hugging us. He's also very generous. When I give him a cookie or a cracker, he alternates between gnawing on it and offering me a bite. If I don't take a bite, he persists in offering it to me until I do. Moses is also very attentive to detail. If I put on a different pair of earrings, he immediately notices and wants to touch them and examine them closely.

No comments:

Post a Comment