Thursday, July 30, 2009

Natural Remedies for Newborns

While Moses has overall been a much easier baby than the twins were, he did have a few issues we never encountered the first time around. Several people have asked how we treated these minor maladies, so I thought I'd share our natural remedies before I forget them.
Dr. Bronner's Organic Peppermint Soap
Baby Acne
The most effective treatment I found was washing his face and scalp with Dr. Bronner's Organic Peppermint Soap every morning. Then later in the day I'd wipe the affected areas with a Witch Hazel-soaked cotton ball.

Weleda Calendula Body Wash Cradle Cap
When he was a few weeks old, Moses developed a classic case of combination skin- his face was oily but his scalp was dry. Ever since I started washing his hair with Weleda Calendula Body Wash, he hasn't had any dry scalp issues.

PB8 Probiotics Yeasty Tongue
Moses had a yeasty white tongue as a result of being pumped full of antibiotics (that he probably didn't even need) while he was in the NICU. To get rid of it, I sprinkled PB8 Probiotics on his tongue after every feeding, or as often as I remembered to. This cleared up Moses' tongue in no time and I never got thrush!

No comments:

Post a Comment