Thursday, May 7, 2009

Sayonara, Swaddlers

We've been on a cloth diaper hiatus ever since Wal-Mart and Target both stopped carrying Sun, the enzyme-free, optical brightener-free detergent I have always used to wash them. And since I've yet to research and procure a suitable alternative, Moses has been wearing Pampers full-time. Within the past week, Moses has outgrown Size 2 Pampers. I suppose this shouldn't be surprising coming from the baby who no longer fit in Newborn diapers when he left the hospital. We've been lamenting the fact that Swaddlers don't come in a Size 3, since at 11 weeks of age, Moses is still a newborn whose tender skin is worthy of swaddling. I guess I should really get to work finding a new detergent for our cloth stash.

3 comments:

  1. Katie can he fit in the Swaddlers size "2-3"? They are a little bigger than the 2's. My Walmart sells a big bucket of Sun- that's what we use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? We were just at Wal-Mart this past weekend and they didn't have any Sun. Maybe this calls for a visit to you and your superior Maryland Wal-Mart! Until then, I picked up some fancy detergent at Whole Foods the other day. We'll see how it works. And I didn't know Swaddlers is available in 2-3! Maybe our Wal-Mart doesn't carry those, either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've never tried sun. i use baking soda, liquid dawn dish detergent, and vinegar to wash our diapers. it's worked pretty well for us, though they're due for a good "sunning".

    ReplyDelete