Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Morning Mischief

People sometimes tell us that having twins must make our lives easier since they are each other's built-in playmate. I'll admit that they do entertain each other quite well, but all too often that entertainment involves getting into mischief.

The other morning while I was occupied with feeding Moses, Caleb went into the bathroom to use the potty and Joshua tagged along to keep him company. A few minutes later, I realized that the bathroom door was closed and that I wasn't hearing the usual commotion. Now if you have toddlers, you know that silence is usually not a good thing! Suspicious, I opened the bathroom door only to find the boys "cleaning" the toilet (which, by the way, Caleb had just peed in) with my really cool brand new toothbrush. Needless to say, my reaction to this unwelcome scene was not pretty!

Later that same morning, I was once again distracted and the boys once again shut themselves into the bathroom. This time I opened the door only to find Caleb and Joshua standing side-by-side on the step stool at the sink, buck naked with water dripping down their legs. "Here, let me wash your butt!" they chattered happily as they smacked handfulls of water against each other's backsides. This time I just chuckled to myself and thought, it's true what they say- it is nice having a built-in playmate... nice for them but not necessarily for me!

2 comments:

  1. Katie,
    Did you think about the possibilty that Caleb and Joshua may have done the toothbrush thing before the other morning? I hope this was the first time :)

    Granny and I are continue to enjoy the pictures of Caleb, Joshua and Moses you have been posting. Hope to see you all in person soon.
    Babo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eew! Well, the boys are not very good at putting things back where they belong, so I hope I would have noticed if my toothbrush had previously been misplaced!

    ReplyDelete