Monday, August 4, 2008

Red Shoes & Mommy's Toilet Paper

I know I've mentioned before how strong-willed Caleb can be, but sometimes it is just too much! The other day he threw a fit because I wouldn't let him wear his red Crocs in bed during his nap. So of course naptime was postponed a good hour while he screamed in protest, despite all of my best disciplinary efforts. When he woke up from the nap, he hadn't forgotten about the red Crocs, but unfortunately by this time Joshua was awake and already wearing them. I won't get into the gory details, but let's just say that Caleb's nap was merely a brief respite from another full-fledged red Croc tantrum. Remind me never to get the boys non-matching shoes again!

Caleb has a sweet side, too. We have finally gotten the boys to sleep in their own bed at night, granted that bed is still juxtaposed right up against ours, and they usually insist on "holding Mommy's hand" as they drift off to sleep. Well, the other night I decided I'd had enough of the double-hand-holding and wanted to fall asleep in a normal non-contorted position. So when Caleb begged to hold Mommy's hand, we did not cave in. "Caleb, do you want to hold Mommy's toilet paper, instead?" Joe offered. "Ok!" chirped Caleb as he accepted the roll of toilet paper which I had in the bed in lieu of a box of Kleenex. Then Caleb proceeded to cuddle the roll of toilet paper and coo, "Aww, do you love it toilet paper? Awww, so sweet..." and he fell asleep clutching it in the cradle of his arm.

1 comment:

  1. That gave me a huge LOL! Too cute (and funny)!

    ReplyDelete