Monday, March 31, 2008

M! Please M!

These days we cannot make a quick milk 'n bananas Safeway run without Joshua begging me to lift him up and turn him upside down. "For what reason?", you ask. You see, the mere sight of the "w" in the name "Safeway" riles Joshua up and prompts him to passionately plead "M! Please M!" which transaltes, "please lift me up and turn me upside down so I can see the 'W' as an 'M'!". We encounter the same scenario if he sees the letter 'M': "W! Please W!" he will beg. Even if the word/sentence/phrase contains both an M and a W, he will insist on being dangled upside down so that he can see each letter upside down as its respective mirrored character. Do any other 2-year-olds do this? I can't imagine that it's a chore faced by most other mothers of young toddlers...

1 comment:

  1. That is hilarious! Oh, and nice choice buying milk at Safeway! :-)

    ReplyDelete