Friday, December 21, 2007

Okay, alright.

Here is a typical conversation that may be overheard in our house these days:

  • Caleb: Cracker? Cracker?

  • Mommy: Do you want some crackers, Caleb?

  • Caleb (in a tone that suggests he is reluctantly conceding): Okay, alright.


The boys seem to think that "okay" and "alright" are perfectly synonymous to "yes". For example:

  • Mommy: "Joshua, are you pooping?"

  • Joshua: "Alright, okay".


The boys also like to exclaim "whoooooo!" while we're changing their diapers, mimicking my usual reaction to their stinky poos. Then they'll say "all clean!" after they're done being changed. They are extremely fascinated with the toilet these days. When I dump their poo into the toilet, they will stand by as I flush and say "bye bye, poo!" and wave as the whilring water whisks it away. They still are not fond of sitting on it, however. I think they're afraid of falling in. My cousin told me that she potty-trained her daughter Yoojin in one day this past summer by just letting her run around without a diaper on. So I think we'll try that this summer, and I'm sure the boys won't object- they absolutely love scampering around the house sans clothes. Caleb has even become quite good at removing his pants and diaper on his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment