Monday, September 3, 2007

Who's that? Mommy!

You'd think that when words such as flower, Elmo, and turtle effortlessly roll off a young child's tongue, Mommy would also be a long-standing member of that child's spoken vocabulary. Well, this was not the case until today. While looking at our family photos on the computer screensaver, I was pointing to various family members and telling the boys who was who. When I pointed to a picture of myself, Joshua piped up and said "Mommy!" I was in shock. Did he really just say "Mommy"? So I tried again with another photo, and he correctly identified me as "Mommy" again! He has yet to address me as "Mommy" in person, but at least he can say who I am, and I feel honored to have finally earned the prestige that his beloved Elmo has been enjoying for the past couple months :)

No comments:

Post a Comment