Sunday, April 29, 2007

I will... walk!

The boys are so talkative these days. Joshua has learned how to say "flower". He will point at all the blossoming buds in our yard and say "flower! flower!" Caleb likes to try to say "will", which honestly usually sounds like "wuh!" but it's a start. That is not an easy word, but he seems to have a special affinity for it. There's a line in one of their favorite books Are You My Mother? (which, I might add, is a 50+ page book that holds their attention even on the 3rd consecutive reading) where the baby bird says "I will! I will!" and Caleb always echoes "will! will!"

Forget the stroller... the boys want to walk everywhere now. They usually take turns pushing the wagon when we go on our walks, now. A couple times I tried letting them both walk down our street on our way to Halmoni and Grandpa's house, but since the boys each have their own agendas, such endeavors resulted in crying fits, with me carrying one boy and concerned neighbor ladies sprinting from their houses to help steer the other. Joshua is actually very focused and is good at efficiently walking in a straight line. One time he was concentrating so hard on walking that he walked straight into a truck's bumper. Caleb, however, is more curious and is easily distracted by pretty flowers, clouds, or a bird flying overhead. He does better on sidewalks, but unfortunately most of the roads in our neighborhood lack this novelty.

1 comment:

  1. Katie, I had to tell you that, in the video where Joshua clearly says "flower," my mom is convinced that Caleb is saying "tree."

    ReplyDelete