Friday, January 12, 2007

I want this... NOW!

The boys will let you know that they want something by grabbing an object and thrusting it in your face with an outstretched arm and look of unwavering determination. For the past few months both boys have been using this tactic with their favorite books to say "Read me this book right now!". These days Joshua will find my hairbrush and thrust it in my face with the utmost urgency, then sit placidly with eyes half-closed while I brush his wispy thin hair. Joshua also seems to know which shoes belong to which members of our family, and will find our shoes and give them to us, fully expecting us to put them on right then and there. And now that he has his own shoes, he will find one of his shoes and thrust it at me and will not rest until I've put it on his foot. Then he will go and find the other shoe and do the same thing. Both Joshua and Caleb also do this with boxes of crackers to let us know when they want a snack. Now if we could only teach him to say "please".

116 comments: