Friday, August 4, 2006

Cruisin' and Crawlin'

In the past couple days, Joshua has started cruising (walking while holding on to furniture, in this case, the couch) and Caleb has started crawling! Admittedly neither of them got very far using their newfound modes of transportation... they have been moving several feet at a time, at most.

The cruising occured the other day when Joshua and Caleb were both standing up and holding on to the couch, one at each end. I went downstairs to do some laundry, and when I came back up a couple minutes later, Joshua had cruised over to Caleb's end of the couch!

Then yesterday I put a Baby Einstein DVD in my laptop for the boys to watch while they played on the floor. Well, Caleb was of course more interested in my laptop than the puppets and music, so he crawled to my laptop and started pounding on it. Amazed, I moved the laptop further away from him, and he crawled toward it again. Then I moved it even further, and he crawled toward it yet again! Needless to say, he was not very happy with me for putting him to work to get to his precious laptop. Then last night a Lord and Taylor catalog was the bait that motivated him to crawl. Anything for a taste of delicious paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment